Padmavati is one more accomplishment of Sanjay Leela Bhansali that drew so much attention and controversy across the country. It won’t be wrong to say that it was the most controversial movie of 2017 that drew both political and religious outrages. In spite of so much debate and hullabaloo, the movie hit the Box Office and made records.
No doubt Bhansali is a great filmmaker and is known as one of the most critically acclaimed directors in India. He handpicks each of his casts who perfectly fits into the character. For the movie Padmavati, he had not revealed the heroine’s name until it was tweeted by someone. This had created some speculations among people but later it cooled down. Anyway, Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone very aptly did justice to her character in the film.
Maybe due to the speculations and gossips about the cast, the focus got here. And, though Deepika has done a great job in all her movies, I have been acquainted with people who were not very much impressed with the Bollywood diva as the queen. Some people even say that if it was not Deepika Padukone and so and so instead, then the movie would have rocked. Personally I feel, certainly, there are many actresses who could have done a better job than Padukone.
Do you also think the same way? If yes, then whom would you want to see as Maharani Padmavati? Here’s the list of 9 actresses who could have done better as the queen in the movie. Check them out and share your views by commenting below!
1. Kareena Kapoor: The obvious fact that she looks so elegant and beautiful makes her a better option for playing the role of Queen Padmavati. You can’t even deny that she belongs to the royal family in her real life as well. This role would have suited her better for sure.
2. Aishwarya Rai: If you have seen her in Jodha Akbar and Devdas then you will vote for Aish at the first instant. She is the blend of perfect beauty and royalty in her own way. You can’t expect a better cast than Aishwarya Rai for this role. When the movie was released the social media was flooded with Aishwarya Rai’s fans raising voices for her impeccable beauty.
3. Madhuri Dixit: Well yes, I agree that she is not that young and is out of acting these days. But, who will not agree to the perfection and glamour she carries. She is one of the finest actresses who cannot be competed with. If the movie had come a couple of years back, then Madhuri could have been the best choice.
4. Priyanka Chopra: Priyanka is a fabulous star in Bollywood in the current date. Not only in Bollywood, but she has proved herself in Hollywood as well. Wasn’t she flawlessly gorgeous in Bajirao Mastani? Of course, Priyanka could have done a better job too.
5. Katrina Kaif: Katrina Kaif is the most bold and beautiful actress who could have been portrayed as Queen Padmavati. The flawless beauty of Katrina undoubtedly makes look like a princess of some land. Moreover, working with Bhansali would have brought the best out of her.
6. Kangana Ranaut: The bold and the beautiful Kangana is one of the highest-paid heroines in Bollywood. As Queen Padmavati, she too could have played the bold role pretty well. Yes, she plays carefree roles more often but she has the qualities to experiment with more options.
7. Shraddha Kapoor: Queen Padmavati was known for her beauty across kingdoms. And, Beautiful Shraddha Kapoor is one of the Bollywood stars who has eye-striking beauty. She looks like a delicate Barbie doll often. And, in royal costumes, she would have bombarded the Box Office. She has also proven herself by playing her roles perfectly in all her movies.
8. Sonam Kapoor: The princess of Prem Ratan Dhan Payo has already projected herself in a royal look. She is one of the most fashionable heroines Bollywood owns. She too could have done a great job if she had got the chance of playing the role of Rani Padmavati.
9. Sonakshi Sinha: Despite being known for just mediocre films, the Dabang heroine is undoubtedly beautiful. The stunningly gorgeous actress has the caliber to play any character to its best. Probably, she has more of that royal personality which could have made her a better choice to play the role of Rani Padmavati in the movie.
Hope you liked this blog!